We have 3 crane toilets and 2 out of the 3 tanks have spontaneously ruptured in the the past year with the most recent one in August while we were at work so it flooded a good portion of our house and caused over $17K of damage.
The first tank ruptured in 2013 but unfortunately we did not retain the tank or take any pictures since we had no idea that a year later we would be dealing with another tank rupturing. However, the first tank’s rupture occurred in the top side when nobody was using it. We were only lucky in that we were at home and heard the pop sound and water running so we were able to shut the valve off before too much damage had occurred. This tank was in our bathroom next to our kitchen.
On August 20, 2014, the second commode ruptured between the hours of 8 am and 12 pm in the morning and was discovered when we came home for lunch and as you will see by the documents and pictures I have attached, it creating quite a bit of damage. This tank is still in our possession as I am considering having the porcelain tested since I feel certain that there tanks have come out of a batch of flawed tanks that may have been created during the manufacturing process.
The rupture on this tank occurred at the main hole and split out past both of the bolt holes. The bolts were not tightened too tight since my husband was able to remove them without any tools.
Our 3rd bathroom tank has also been removed since we feel that 2 out of 3 tanks is a pretty good indicator that we will have another one fail and coincidentally, the two toilet tanks that we do have in our possession have the EXACT same manufacturing date of December 13, 1995, which also supports my theory that the tanks are flawed. (see the enclosed pictures 121 and 003)
I am requesting that Crane refund us our deductible in the amount of $2,748 due to the damaged caused by the substandard toilet tank rupturing. I would hope that you will do the right thing and if you would like the defective tank you can arrange to have it shipped from my house.
This has been very disruptive and costly to our lives since we have had to *** many hours from work to babysit contractors, obtain carpet and wood samples, etc, etc.
I've tried to contact Crane and was immediately dismissed by the Customer Service Agent that the bolts were too tight, which was not correct since they required no tools at all to remove them.
I've been trying to find an email to send them documents but mysteriously they do not publish one. So much for Customer Service.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Crane Toilet Tank
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " My mom bought a hot tub from their Lincoln city store only to have it close a week later.Was strung along for 3 weeks before I could..."
- "Do not buy. This product is dangerous and not stable, and you will not receive your money back. My family purchased the larger version of this pool, and it collapsed..."
- "Do not buy from this company! My hot tub cover does not fit. Too big! And the straps were not in the right place. When I..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "We love our Denver Mattress beds. But, one of the remotes quit working. I have made calls and even gone to the store here in Lubbock, TX only to..."
- "I've ordered tons of things and most of them have been sent via Usps. I've never really had a problem, until lately. Two of my latest purchases have been sent..."
- "I HATE MY ADJUSTABLE BED! My 4 month old adjustable head bed has a gap so wide that I fall in it when I'm sleeping and get stuck. Bob Mills..."